20100427

{little punk}

K aka "little punk" was such a delight to work with yesterday afternoon.  :)
Her mommy and her recently took a trip down south and found these darling mismatched socks at a fabulous little store!  I think they are so darn cute!  Why didn't they have things like this when we were kids?!?  

Here are a few of my fav from our session together.  As always, thanks so much K for being such a great little model!  You rock, and I love your style!



Back to the session, it was a bit chilly....but she didn't mind.
I have had this 50 mm lens that I have rarely used and spent way to much  money to just let it collect dust in the bottom of my camera bag...
so I pulled out that lens and forced myself to only use that lens during our session.  
I found out quite a bit about myself as well as the lens yesterday!
I have often used it at weddings, or my second shooter has used it as a back up...
but I have RARELY used it during a session.
There isn't anything wrong with it, it is a fabulous lens...
but you have to force yourself into another comfort zone using it!


I am so use to my ultimate favs the  70-200  or my 24-70  where I GET TO STAY PUT and zoom...
so being forced to move around my subject constantly to get the right distance was 
a nice change for me.  I am slowly falling in love with this one as well....SLOWLY
So I am going to give her (the 50 lens) a second try this Sunday!
I wish her luck :)