20091216

{our Holiday card session}

FINALLY we were able to do our Holiday session for our Family Cards this season...


It was a rough one for sure.  I shot it in 13 min flat and in 17* weather!  YIKES it was cold!!
I do not think that I have ever seen my beautiful girls work that fast....really.


3:30 strikes and we are running around  like chickens with their heads cut off!
where is the brush
hand me the hairspray
who has my bows mama
did you get the scarf and mittens
lipgloss?
I got the keys mom, you grab your camera...
wait, did you grab your purse?
Can I borrow your boots mom, mine don't match my outfit!?


and we were off, zooming in and out of streets trying desperately to make it downtown with enough light left in the sky to capture a few images for our card this year.  It was literally a race against time...one we wondered if we would win...but we did.
At last we parked our car...


Do we really have to jump out in this cold mama?!  How long will this take?  A few minutes if we hurry, now hurry please...put on your mittens, your scarf, and put your jacket over your shoulders!
Why don't we just leave our jackets in the car?
Really?!  I just do not think that is a great idea girls, now grab them and lets go!


We start off trucking down through alley ways and weaving in between buildings.  At last we arrive at our destination...drop coats on the near by ground and immediately jump into place to capture some cute holiday images for our cards!  Look smile, hug, put coats back on, walk  to next place and repeat.  DONE.
Now we RUN back to our car which we have started while running with the remote starter :)
Upon jumping into the car, the two little ones both ask to see the camera
they can't wait to see what we captured and neither can I!


Can't believe we did it, honestly!  All while I have bronchitis and am coughing and having trouble breathing in the cold cold cold (did I say cold) air!!!


Sent them in to the lab 2 hours after shooting them!  Sad thing is, we will not get them in until MONDAY :(
I have NEVER EVER been this late in getting my holiday cards shot and sent out EVER!
and now for a small, itty bitty taste of our session together

....after all, I can't give up the surprise of our card!...
oh those silly girls!
and before I get flooded with email.....NO this is not on our card!
Our card is beautiful and sweet I promise!