20101108

{Happy Birthday to my little firefly}

We spent the weekend with family and friends.
It was the first in a long time.
Started it out with the ham and turkey dinner at my old school :)
Took my oldest daughter down the old hallways...
she found all of our pictures,
gma, gpa, my mom, and me!
Gave me the best compliment in the world....
"Mom, you were really beautiful...you haven't changed a bit!"
"How do you still look the same as in high school?"
I beamed with pride, but was red in the face as she spoke this in front of a lot of folks who 
were roaming the halls as well looking for loved ones pics from Senior Class!

As we walked down the halls and found everyone else...
she exclaimed..."these hallways remind me of hogwarts!"
I just about died of laughing!

We finished up a lovely weekend with my youngest daughter in the 
celebration of her birthday!

Before the party, we headed on over to Wal-mart to grab her cake.
I placed the cake under the cart so as it wouldn't get smooshed.
Before I could say anything,
she took off flying through the parking lot towards our car with the cart.
I did what any good mother would do and ran after her!
However, I have lost my voice to a degree...SO I couldn't scream
and tell her the CAKE WAS UNDER THE CART.
All of a sudden, the cake came flying out from under the cart, through her legs and landed smack dab in the middle of the lane we were in and landed right the following traffic!
Unbelievable!
She left the cart, turned around and ran for the cake.
We found it unharmed and beautiful as ever....

as the party got started,  my gma said she would lift the cake so I could get a pic of it.
Thank God gpa grabbed it.....as it slid off the backing and was headed straight for the floor!
Talk about a get away cake!

After all that cake had been through earlier....and now we almost lost it again!

SO, it was a delightful weekend.  And a much needed family/friend fellowship!

Now back to work ;)
It has been a productive morning...
Just sent in Three more Christmas orders to the lab

Woo Hoo!